Welcome!

Welcome to my blog which is endeavouring to map my journey through a Professional Doctorate in Education. The learning curve is steep and all climbing aids are welcome!

Sunday 20 February 2011

Getting back to it

Penny's dropped! Realised that in order to get stuff out of my head, I need to get it down into ont place! Currently, it's either still in my head or on a variety of scraps of paper that I can't always find! Having a 'moral panic' about finding my notes on moral panics - where are they this morning?

So, must get back to the blog discipline. Assignment due in on Friday although I want it done by Thurs. Was quite daunted by reading supervisor's comments on my last effort but actually they were OK, and after having had a 'I don't think I can do this moment ' I'm now feeling like it's possible.

So, an afternoon getting back into it yesterday, threw up some interesting links.
  • Generational theory which might helpt me unpack the differences between youth workers and young people
  • Coupled with some thoughts about boundaries as defined by usage not just age
  • Coupled to moral panics
  • Digital divide - need to get some more stats and link to what I've already got
  • Core values linked to Rogers
Spent time yesterday trying to find youth work publications and journals relating to UK young people, yotuh work and digital media and learning - pretty much zilch! Is that good or bad for me?? Good I guess - perhaps I can take the themes that run throughout many youth work texts and digitise them??

Food for thought..

No comments:

Post a Comment