Welcome!

Welcome to my blog which is endeavouring to map my journey through a Professional Doctorate in Education. The learning curve is steep and all climbing aids are welcome!

Saturday 14 May 2011

Forums

Been working on setting up a forum for the Community of Practice to be launched next week. Guided by DK from Mediasnackers, I realised that I did have the necessary knowledge etc to set something up, it's the compelling stuff I need to include - the stuff that will make people want to engage.

Very interested in working from a digital dialogue or digital conversation perspective. It's about just that - communication, but we'll need to persuade some people of the value of that through social media, I guess.

So, what to use? Playing with Blogger and Wordpress and each has different pros and cons. Obviously, these are blogs not websites so there are limitations. Have a look at http://gyroscopese.wordpress.com/category/welcome/  and http://gyroscope-se.blogspot.com/ . I think that they're both very different.

It's been interesting looking at the construction of these pages from a this perspective. How to best promote conversation and interaction, but also what widgets will enable easy access and some quick wins? Both are work in progress but the next week or two will be interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment