Welcome!

Welcome to my blog which is endeavouring to map my journey through a Professional Doctorate in Education. The learning curve is steep and all climbing aids are welcome!

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Still struggling..

The new paradigm... I know that I don't have to solve anything at this point. Perhaps all I need to do is to propose some models that can be developed? DK's ideas about playing and pushing buttons are key to building confidence - maybe this is at the heart - the informal educator educating the informal educators! Trial and error, pushing buttons,  - let's see what happens and try to make some meaning that can be taken further.

My thoughts for the Digital Youth Worker were as follows :

Digital Natives Digital Immigrants: Adapting to the Needs of Young People
Ludites
Communicating/Communication with Young People
The Network Society: Young People
Big Society and Being Empowered
Research/Crap Detection: Working with Young People to be Discerning
Having Fun
Social Networks
Community of Learning
Keeping Safe
Digital Story-telling – Youtube, blogging
...and actually they're all still relevant - and not out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment