Welcome!

Welcome to my blog which is endeavouring to map my journey through a Professional Doctorate in Education. The learning curve is steep and all climbing aids are welcome!

Monday 9 May 2011

Slow down...


This made me smile this morning ... Have had some thinking time stimulated by the blog that it's from, particularly
http://demotivatorsblog.com/slow-down/ .  Yes I've got a pile of marking to do, but I also need to think about Assignment 2.

Also, by  using this blog as my reflective journal, is this exactly what I'm doing? Making my stupidity more accessible to others??? I'm excited that I've got followers, comments and am starting to build a network but what is that about? It's an interesting challenge to try to write stuff that you think will be interesting/stimulating for others, but is that what I should be doing I wonder?  No doubt that networking is giving me links to interesting stuff and I've got back in touch with people that will be useful and who stimulate my thoughts..

Just occurred to me that the community of practice idea that I'm working on might be something - however, I do need to get my skates on. Seems that everything is done on the run at the moment. Need to draw breath and think  things through properly.

Will be diarying some Ed D time otherwise I can see what will happen.. I'll be in the south of France, sitting on the beach with my laptop! Or maybe that's what you're supposed to do when doing an Ed D?

2 comments:

  1. It's an interesting challenge to try to write stuff that you think will be interesting/stimulating for others, but is that what I should be doing I wonder?

    I find myself struggling with this too. I believe my blog should be a reflexive journal, am torn by my (misguided) desire to write for an audience? Am I enough of an audience myself.

    Making my stupidity more accessible to others? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I've decided that I'm an "activist reflector" in that it helps to have feedback from others. Otherwise I might as well just rock quietly to myself in a corner...

    ReplyDelete